The York College 计算机工程 program is structured to give students the knowledge, 技能, and experience needed to be successful as an entry-level engineer upon graduation. 要做到这一点, students will have achieved the following key student outcomes by the time they graduate:
- 识别能力, 制定, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, 科学, 和数学.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, 安全, 和福利, 以及全球, 文化, social, 环境, 经济因素.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, 经济, 环境, 以及social背景.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, 建立目标, 计划任务, 达到目标.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, 分析和解释数据, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
计算机工程 Program Educational Objectives
The York College 计算机工程 program is structured to give students the knowledge, 技能, and experience needed to be successful as an entry-level engineer upon graduation. With this educational foundation it is our objective that, 在毕业后的几年内, 我们的校友将有:
- Made meaningful contributions to the computer engineering profession through (for example) service as applied engineers in industry or consulting, 专业的许可, 高级学位和/或出版物
- Acquired new, specialized 技能 needed for professional mobility and growth
- Been effective members of a professional team displaying proficiency at (for example) engineering design, 通信, 以及团队合作能力